Thursday, January 1, 2009

Yesterday I woke up feeling terrible. I wanted badly to return mardek, and I even tried, but I had lost all my effort from the night before. Instead, I started moving my stuff from my old room to my new room. Chris Clark showed up an hour later and took me to lunch with his friend.

He works for Microsoft and his life seems to be going extremely well. He's not simply rising in the ranks, but he loves his work. He's found a passion within a corporate structure, and it makes me wonder if working for big businesses is always so bad. Moreover, I wonder if I'm squandering my life trying to do something different. I actually left our meeting feeling somewhat low and at the same time committed to doing something more.

When I returned I was full of energy, which I spent immediately on finishing my move. Within an hour, I had my new office set up. I took a two hour nap, because I've been sleep deprived recently, and then had another meal before going out to work New Years. I made $429. I also saw a spectacular fireworks show, the first one to impress me since I was a seven year old boy. Koala was there, as was Elliot.

My resolution was to write in my journal everyday, and if I couldn't, to catch up the next day.

No comments: